Bruisyard is a small rural village with a population of about 175 set in beautiful and tranquil countryside by the River Alde in East Suffolk. The village is noted for the beautiful Grade 1 listed church of St Peter's which has a round tower that is believed to date from Saxon times, and for Bruisyard Hall which was the Abbey of the Order of the Poor Clares until the reformation when an Elizabethan Manor House was built on the site. Bruisyard is also known as the setting for the novel 'Joseph and His Brethren' by H.W.Freeman first published in 1928.
Bruisyard is listed as 'Buresiart' in the Domesday Book completed in 1086.
We very much hope you enjoy visiting this site - and find the time to visit this beautiful village.
A COVID-19 mobile testing unit will be operating from 2 July on Thursdays and Sundays between 10am and 3pm. The unit will be operated by a small military team and will be at the Framlingham College Sports and Fitness Centre car park offering drive-through testing. Further information is on the Suffolk County Council COVID-19 testing website.
East Suffolk Council and the three local Citizens Advice services have launched a new campaign to remind residents with financial worries that free support and advice is available. Please download the Notice from East Suffolk Council. Citizens Advice Leiston have two Covid funds to help people in our community who have been financially impacted by Covid:
Covid Energy Fund where we can help clients manage their energy bills whether gas, electricity or oil
Covid Secondary School Uniform fund where we can help people with the cost of secondary school uniforms
Please download the Notice from the Parish Council to Bruisyard residents concerning help during the coronavirus pandemic.
A vacancy has arisen for the Office of Councillor for the Framlingham Ward of East Suffolk Council. Please download the Notice.