Bruisyard is a small rural village with a population of about 175 set in beautiful and tranquil countryside by the River Alde in East Suffolk. The village is noted for the beautiful Grade 1 listed church of St Peter's which has a round tower that is believed to date from Saxon times, and for Bruisyard Hall which was the Abbey of the Order of the Poor Clares until the reformation when an Elizabethan Manor House was built on the site. Bruisyard is also known as the setting for the novel 'Joseph and His Brethren' by H.W.Freeman first published in 1928.

Bruisyard is listed as 'Buresiart' in the Domesday Book completed in 1086.



We very much hope you enjoy visiting this site - and find the time to visit this beautiful village.

Please see the notice from the Government regarding Coronavirus

Please download the Notice from the Parish Council to Bruisyard residents concerning help during the coronavirus pandemic.

A vacancy has arisen for the Office of Councillor for the Framlingham Ward of East Suffolk Council. Please download the Notice.

Download the latest
Bookings/ hire charges
Minutes, accounts, planning

© 2020  Bruisyard Parish Council - All rights reserved

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
Bruisyard Street